Monday 27 April 2009

A Room in Italy with a Special History

Albarosa_April 12_09

   Rendering by Michelle Morelan Design

This was a special gift to Alborosa at Brillante Home Decor and Staging. She wrote this as a thank you, and because I thought only she could explain it best…

“Michelle,

I am so touched by this extraordinary rendering of a very special room which signed the start of my life, in fact on October 2nd, year not revealed…..at dawn… I was born in this room.

The beds were designed and made by my maternal grandfather, who was a fine furniture maker.

The details on the headboard were carved and represent a Stork among flowers and an Amorino (cherub) with a garland.

It was dawn as I said and I was told by my parents that that was the reason they decided to call me Albarosa which can be translated as “Pink Dawn” even if many think it comes from White Rose (also a correct translation).

The chairs at the foot of the beds are original Thonet from Wien.

This is a room in a house near Venice where my family originally was from and where my mother decided to go to spend the summer with her family and wait for the delivery, instead of staying in Milan, very hot in summer months, where my parents and my older sister were living.

I still spend some time there, while not in Vancouver or in Milan and every time I look out of the window I see the same trees that my grandparents admired.

Memories are part of those walls and now more memories will come to my mind when I will admire this gorgeous drawing.

Grazie to my dear friend Michelle!

Albarosa (Pink Dawn)”

7 comments:

Brillante Interiors said...

I have the privilege of the first comment! The rendering is so perfect that I feel I am there even now.
Thanks again, Michelle.

Maria Killam said...

So beautiful. As per usual.

Velvet and Linen said...

Albarosa's note is so heartfelt. What a beautiful gift you have given her!

xo
Brooke

DesignTies said...

What a wonderful rendering with an equally wonderful story to go with it :-) I'm sure Albarosa will treasure this gift from you forever :-)

Kelly

pve design said...

I have always loved rooms with twin beds and stories behind the rooms you draw so beautifully.
pve

jgcreative said...

stunning as always! my first blog post, hooray!

Renae Moore said...

MIchelle,
Spectacular rendering as always, but the note that came back to you reveals the love that was shared there. Thank you for sharing.
Blessings...