Saturday 7 March 2009

Week in Ucluelet



For the last week, I have been hanging out here. It was a nice mini vacation, where I drank cappuccinos, walked dogs, danced, loved worked, drove, shared, and appreciated my life.

It was the week of the most amazing sunsets- the house has south western exposure, so you get the strong winds, and light.

My client set out flower arrangements, for my stay, throughout the house. I chose the bedroom on the top level, with the biggest windows and the best view.

He is a coffee aficionado, and I love having a latte or cappuccino anytime I want.


I love the solid fir stairs and wrought iron railing system that we designed, the Hubberton Forge sconces, and the lined linen drapes on wrought iron hardware.

We used Carrington Beige throughout the house, as I think it compliments the fir nicely. I love the hints of black iron; it grounds the place, and is the masculine to the feminine in the home.


The Penthouse at the Moorage is almost there. The client here wanted a compass star, so I designed a border of the same dark emperador dark marble in mosaic around light emperador in a 12x12 format.

The fireplace is also slab dark emperador marble with a white millwork surround for contrast. Their look is very European, and I helped them tame the busier look. The view of the local boat basin, and fish boats is magical, even in the evening. They are back from Quebec soon, and look forward to moving in :)

Bailey is getting big!

Spencer and Katie- my mom and dad's rescue Scotties

Now I am back, and working on a couple of great new rendering commissions- thanks to my blog, and some great blogger friends who posted my work. Looking forward to sharing those with you.

2 comments:

DesignTies said...

Lovely homes, Michelle... and the sunsets of Ucuelet are phenominal!
Hope you're well...
Victoria from EdinDesigns @ DesignTies

MEADE DESIGN GROUP said...

I had a great time in Tofino - I got a couple of cool shoots I am going to try post in the next few days.

We definitely need to get together soon - I am sorry I missed you.