Monday 16 March 2009

Solus- More than Fireplace Surrounds

image

Solus Decor in Vancouver makes amazing tiled and stone fireplace surrounds

image

And these amazing fire bowls that I got to see at the IDS show in Vancouver a few years ago.

image

They also do outdoor surrounds.

image

Concrete stair installations

image

Door jams…what a great idea!

image

Solus makes these great square planters…offered half sphere, and in a trough style as well. They are available in these great colours

image

image

If that wasn’t all enough…now they have started making benches from concrete. I love the colours they offer, as they are earthy and organic.

image

The concrete tiles they produce are in sensible stock sizes, but can also be produced in custom dimensions, giving the designer lots of flexibility. I have specified both custom and stock tiles from Solus, and their customer service, and on site installers really want to get it right for you and your client. I highly recommend them!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the firebowl and the use of concrete on that beautiful staircase. I have the square planter. I won it at an event, lucky me....Best of all this Company is local.

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Loved your post today! That firebowl made my heart sing...

Michelle said...

It's even better in real life Room Service!

Lucky you Patricia...your home is a great place for them.

DesignTies said...

Thanks for telling us about this great company, Michelle - I would love to have that square planter! Lucky Patricia is right!!

Thanks for making your way to our blog this morning Michelle - your comment/compliment about my archway was so very much appreciated!

Lunch was fun... hopefully we can do it again sometime soon!!

Victoria

MEADE DESIGN GROUP said...

I remember the fire bowl from the ID exhibit - I love concrete - it looks good in a traditional setting - it looks sleek in a contemporary setting. I am fan of solus as well.

alice said...

Very cool products! I was so excited as I scrolled by each one. Maybe the door jambs are my favorite... or maybe the stairs... or maybe the firebowl :)

Ianny said...

Cool, natural, simple, elegant are words I would use to describe these fireplace designs.