Saturday 18 July 2009

Thrifty Shopping for Tablescape Thursday

I spent the morning shopping at London Drugs and the Dollar Store. I’ve been thinking about another Tablescape Thursday, and went looking for casual linens and flatware.

For less than 2 bucks each, I got a couple of matching sets of tea towels, and great carafe. At London Drugs in their  mark down section, I found these lanterns for 6 bucks each (reg. 19.99) and some square white plates and bowls for under 2 bucks a piece. I think I will head back to London Drugs to buy what they have left of the lanterns…they had small ones for 2.99 as well!

Yippee! I got my shopping fix, but didn’t spend much :) Well…until I hit the grocery and liquor store down the road.

CIMG8707CIMG8704

CIMG8692CIMG8706

Watch for my Tablescape this Thursday! My husband is home after a month away, and I’m cooking a romantic outdoor dinner for 2.

Register over at Between Naps on The Porch; Susan hosts the TT parties.

9 comments:

Brillante Interiors said...

This is fun and I am sure we'll have another beautiful tablescape soon. Glad your husband is back to enjoy summer with you!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Great score! Love those lanterns & the kitchen towels. How I love a great bargain!

J. said...

wow, the lanterns are absolutely beautiful!

annechovie said...

some great buys, Michelle! nice touches for a romantic dinner.

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

You have a eye, great finds. I wanted to thank you for your comment on the room I posted. I saw the picture on another blog as a room gone way wrong and I thought it was not that bad, sort of charming...but I stood alone on that side of the fence! I wanted to see how my readers felt about it. Loved you thougths...if m says it , it must be true!~ v

Renae Moore said...

Love those lanterns...can't wait to see what you do with them...great tea towels too....do you ever use them as napkins? I have on occasion.

qerat said...

I like everything you have chosen and your husband is a lucky man :)
enjoy your dinner.

Claudia said...

I just found your blog and really like this post on tablescapes on a budget. I am looking for exactly those type of lanterns for my porch re-do. I am also very impressed with your renderings! ~Claudia
http://nestobsessed.blogspot.com/

DesignTies said...

I love your finds, Michelle... especially the lanterns!
Victoria