Saturday 5 December 2009

A Whistler Bedroom

 whistler bedroom

My client has a very large guest room with a 16’ ceiling peak…the idea is to install an electric or sterno fuel fireplace with attached millwork shelving. I propose installing a new TV and stereo that is wired to the existing wall speakers. There is an armless modern wing chair with desk that doubles as a nightstand, a great plaid rug, antler chandelier, and white leather ottomans with nail head trim that funk up the traditional ski chalet concept. The client grew up at Whistler, and owns the desk and antique skis, as well as the log bed. A red Hudson’s Bay blanket provides colour inspiration, and warms you by the fire. Wouldn’t you love to stay here at Christmas, watching the crashing waves and snuggling under the quilt with your sweetie? She makes a great gingerbread cappuccino!

hudson bay blanket red 84-24746-00homespun%20plaid%20tan%20blk%20001

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cozy indeed - I wish I were there!

C.J. said...

Sounds wonderful, love that Hudson bay blanket.

Eagle Rock said...

You are amazing my friend - there is no better gift for a referral than this!!!! Lotsa hugs and have a most amazing time in NYC....wish I was coming with you.

Hill Country House Girl said...

Love this look and yes, it does make me want to snuggle up by the fire and enjoy something tasty. Have a great time in NYC - great blog!

Brillante Interiors said...

Lovely room, young and cozy.
Have fun in NYC!

MEADE DESIGN GROUP said...

I really want to be in that room with a cup of hot chocolate and cover with that blanket :)

Another great rendering Michelle!

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle
I love this bedroom!!!! Great job!!!

DesignTies said...

Nice!! Love the fireplace and the ottomans with the nailhead trim and the hits of red.

The real-life room is going to great :-)

Kelly

Verdigris Vie said...

I have already been transported there.. Beautiful Room Michelle.

Karena said...

Michelle, I can see this room completed perfectly! Warm and richness of texture and color

Lúcia said...

Wonderful blog.
fantastic work.
Bye,

Lúcia