Tuesday 19 May 2009

A West Coast Wedding

judy wedding

A client has asked me to do some space planning for her son’s wedding this summer- Interior Designers wear many hats :)  I did the planning in CAD, but thought it would be nice to see what it would look like in perspective.

First, we will get rid of all the furniture; using it outside in nice weather…or in the garage if it rains.

We are using 36” round bar ht. tables and stools in the back, and reg. ht. tables closer to the head table. The bar is set up near the stairs and by the kitchen, and the large existing table becomes the buffet with a long white runner.

It would be lovely to use some native salal and ferns to make and hang garlands throughout the house. This house was built for parties just like this wedding. I wish the bride and groom the happiest and sunniest of days!!

eaglerock_cat16_01 

Interior Design: Michelle Morelan Design                                                                                    Photos of Eaglerock by Graeme Owsianski-graemephoto.com

15 comments:

Maria Killam said...

I love that room you've done! Such a stunning photo and of course our rendering is wonderful as is the one on my blog :) (yaay, now I'll have a special Michelle rendering for my sidebar)

Velvet and Linen said...

Yes, I agree Michelle.
That room is made for a great event.
You have created a magical space for a memorable wedding.

xo
Brooke

MEADE DESIGN GROUP said...

Wow! I can wait to learn more about this project.

Your friend Judy said...

You are awesome Michelle!! Thanks so much for the awesome plan and input. I will send it out to the "family" to check it out. I am certain you will find some new regular visitors! Hugs!

Lauren said...

Have so much fun!!!! I love the room you did too!!! GORGEOUS!!!!! LOVE IT!!!

pve design said...

Wonderful to transform a room to show how suddenly an everyday space can take on new meaning. Love that view and the gifts on the shelves. See my post today!
pve

Fifi Flowers said...

I would like to go to that party PLEASE!

Brillante Interiors said...

Great space to live in, transformed in a great space for events. I wish lots of sun for a very happy day

Susan S said...

Geez, I want to be invited! You've done a SPLENDID job! Nothing's lacking.

Susan

DesignTies said...

Wow, that room is gorgeous. And the view isn't bad either!! ;-) Love the stone fireplace, and the tall wall of windows.

Your rendering is fantastic :-) This is going to be a truly spectacular setting for a wedding.

Kelly

Renae Moore said...

Michelle,
Isn't this a home that you designed as well? I do love your rendering and the party will be fab!
Blessings...

qerat said...

Beautiful room and rendering
Wish them happiness and great weather to have the party of their dreams :)

DesignTies said...

I think the couple getting married will be over-the-moon - the space (and the day) will be magical!! Great job!!
Victoria @ DesignTies

P.S. My word verfication for this comment is "coasty". Funny and appropriate for a post called "A West Coast Wedding"!! :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle
What a lucky client you have planning her son's wedding!! Your rendering is amazing and you have done a great job in drawing all those very difficult round tables and chairs in perspective so perfectly. It will be a truly happy day for the lucky couple and mother of the bride.

cotedetexas said...

Love this!!!!!!! hey Maria I have a Michelle rendering on my side bar too.

loved your comment today!
thanks!!!! glad you and Patricia had a good laugh. hehe