Tuesday 5 May 2009

A Nice Gesture and my 196th Post! (so I don’t forget when I get to 200)

imageimage

 

What a nice gesture by a friend/client/mentor yesterday…these words are really true…and the older I get, the more I relate to them. I love people; I am a Taurus…homey, loyal, giving,  headstrong and passionate, but sometimes people have taken advantage of that; I guess I am a little naive as well. Like Maya Angelou said “If people tell you who they are, believe them.” They won’t tell you they are kind and giving, or jealous and mean, but they will show you over and over again.

I am so looking forward to my 43rd year on this planet; I have come to realize that we only have one life, and what we make of it, is up to us…there is nothing stopping us from turning 180 degrees. I have big big plans for this year, which I will share with you in the months to come, and as they unfold. I can say that they are going to make ME happy, and satisfy my need to learn and teach.

Meanwhile, I want to tell all who comment here, visit here (wish you would comment, but that’s ok), and those who have become friends through this blogging world, thanks for opening up your lives to me. I appreciate you…

12 comments:

niartist said...

I just found your blog via Joni, at Cote de Texas, where you did a rendering of her formal living room. It's fantastic - as are all of the others you have here on your sidebar. Gorgeous! I too, am a Taurus, turning 27 on the 10th. Happy Birthday to you!

Michelle said...

Nice to have you Niartist...and for the compliments...much appreciated. I love Joni's home; it translated well :) I have to tell again, how much I appreciate her having my rendering on her sidebar.

My Notting Hill said...

Happy Birthday!! I'm secretly hoping your plans for this year include giving drawing lessons - whatever they are though I wish you a happy 43 - 44th year!

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle
Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and a year in which all your dreams come true and one filled with unspeakable beauty!!

Maria Killam said...

Happy Birthday to an extremely talented designer!

Zuniga Interiors Design Studio said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! What a special comment from your friend! It is all so true- what we learn from people through the years. Peoples true colors show! I'm like you, sometimes a little too trusting too! Thank you for your post, it makes me think a lot about my past, present and where I'm headed!

Bless you!

Michelle
Zuniga Interiors

DesignTies said...

Happy Bday, Michelle!! :-)

I hope whatever plans you have for the coming year turn out just the way you want them to :-)

Kelly

qerat said...

Happy Birthday Michelle
A great inspiring post to read early in the morning.
I wish you all the very very best.
Tareq

Brillante Interiors said...

Michelle,
Happy belated Birthday and may this year be the best (so far).
I am looking forward to hear about your plans and I am going to talk to you later.
Love,
Albarosa

DesignTies said...

I'm so excited to learn about your big plans, Michelle! I wish I didn't have to wait for you to share ;-)

You know, as much as I hold tight to and honour my life experiences, I'm so happy to be at this stage of my life - 43 is a great year!! Happy Birthday, Michelle!!

Victoria @ DesignTies

annechovie said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Michelle! Hope you have a lovely Mother's Day, too!

Velvet and Linen said...

We appreciate you too, Michelle.
Happy belated Birthday.
I'm looking forward to your 43rd year on this planet as well. It's so much fun seeing all of your beautiful projects.

xo
Brooke