Sunday 31 May 2009

I’ve been busy…

I feel so disconnected lately, but have had lots going on with family and work. The weather is so beautiful right now!  I’ve also been spending some time in the garden and around the house sprucing things up.

CIMG7806 CIMG7807

new numbers and pot at the front door…now I need a gray hose and new hose support:) it’s always something!

Ten things I have completed in the last 10 days:

1. Built a shed- yup, I built a subfloor on footings for it too!! Now I feel like I could build a house! Pics coming soon!

2. Cleaned the carport- With the new shed for storage, it’s cleaned bare.

CIMG7833     CIMG7892

3. Planted petunias in these great little IKEA pots- I love repetition

4. Watched Bride Wars- a cute chick flick

  CIMG7878

5. Brought home this amazing J. Adler vase from Provide- Check out Robert’s website and blog…he is designer friendly!

6. Confirmed and ordered drapery fabric and lining with client- finally…whew..

7. Got a new renovation job in Ucluelet- meeting the client and contractor next week!

8. Applied to Emily Carr- A mixed media class…can’t wait to share what I learn with you all.

9. Had lunch with Ivan- Yes, Ivan Meade from Meade Design Group was in town, and we got together in Coal Harbour :)

10.  Went to see Fleetwood Mac- Everyone there was my age. Nice…I didn’t feel old!

 

I’m also working on a couple of interiors and renderings that I can’t wait to share with you :)

10 comments:

Terry said...

Hello Michelle. We need some small planter things. Never even thought about IKEA. You've been way busier than I have.

You are way younger that average for a Fleetwood Mac show. I saw them in January 1969 way before they had girls. I don't even regard Fleetwood Mac with girl(s) - as great as they are - to be the real Fleetwood Mac.

DesignTies said...

I love your list of accomplishments!! I'm envious of your new J.Adler vase (saw these recently and coveted them!), love the little Ikea pots, excited for you that you'll be taking a course at Emily Carr (my Mom graduated from there), and I'm downright jealous that you got to see Fleetwood Mac! I'm looking forward to seeing your seeing your new shed pics and hearing about your current interiors projects (and seeing your renderings, of course!!!).

Hope you're well... sounds like you're enjoying the sun as much as I am!
Victoria @ DesignTies

pve design said...

Yes, you have been busy! I love all the things you find and that you do!

Maria Killam said...

Love the wall of petunias! So beautiful. And I desperately need to trade your entry mat with mine (the circles would totally match the portholes in my front door!

Great post! Love what you have accomplished!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Wow you've been very busy! I can't wait to see the new shed. Now I must get a jump start on my massive to-do list as well. Thanks for the inspiration.

DesignTies said...

Wow Michelle, you've been busy!! It feels great to get projects done, doesn't it?? :-)

I have to know -- where did you get the circle mat at your front door?! I love it!!!

I'm impressed that you built a shed, subfloor and all. GIRL POWER!!!

I think Jackson thinks he's more human than dog!! He's a great boy and we love him a lot :-)

The long post about Jill with all the pictures might be slowing our blog down. I changed the setting to show three posts now -- hopefully that's speeding things up.

Kelly

MEADE DESIGN GROUP said...

What an honour to be part of your list. It was great catching up with you and sharing some stories.

I can wait to see you again and to read about your new schematic adventures.

Nettan said...

I can see that you have been really buzy! It lookes great with the big pots, nice!
/Nettan

Fifi Flowers said...

You have been busy doing some FAB things... good for you!!!

Lauren said...

i totally know how yhou feel. it looks ilke you've gotten so much donew though!! can't wait to see pics of the shed!!!