Wednesday 17 November 2010

NYC November 2010

    mh nov 17

interiors by MH Studio, renderings by Michelle Morelan

mh interior_nov 2010 mmid

I love this city…I can’t get enough of it, and this trip was one of the best yet. Carol, an interior designer from the blog CREED and of Carol Reed Design, out of Toronto joined me for a week-long whirlwind trip to the city. We started with Kipps Bay, took in the work of renderer (or should I say artist) Jeremiah Goodman at the NYSID, had dinner with the wonderful Patricia, of PVE at Swizz…shared lunch at Carmines, dinner at Ruby Foos, saw “Promises, Promises” at the Broadway theatre.

We walked through the park, ate gelato…yes it was that warm…t-shirt weather, actually. We stopped by to see Francine at Interieurs…her showroom is so amazing! I met the wonderful women of MH Studio in NYC…they are doing beautiful work, and their office looks right at the Chrysler Building. I also had the pleasure of meeting new designer friends, Lisa, Doreena and Oregon designer, Barbara, once again. My husband showed up for the last night, and we went for a nice lunch and shopping at Macy’s, where I scored a Calvin Klein coat for 50% off…it truly is a wonderful life!

Since my to do list is longer than my unanswered emails, and Carol has now brought me into this Twitter world, which I can already see is going to consume even more of my time, I am going to share just SOME of the highlights of my trip, and get right to work.

IMG-20101111-00306 IMG-20101111-00304 IMG-20101111-00314

Kipps Bay Show House

IMG-20101112-00382

the work of Jeremiah Goodman at the NYSID

IMG-20101112-00333

we missed Bergdorf’s windows, but the tree at Rockefeller Center was being craned into place

 IMG-20101111-00296 

Central Park

Lots more to come…very exciting news!!!

Best, Michelle

5 comments:

pve design said...

Michelle,
Next time, we need to spend the day rendering together. Wonderful to meet you! Love that you love our city and will be back soon.
pve

Brillante Interiors said...

I love NYC too, who doesn't? Exciting design trip, meeting new friends in one of the greatest city in the world. You lucky girl!

MEADE DESIGN GROUP said...

What a wonderful trip - I'm glad you had so much fun!

Kelli Holtz said...

So jealous, I love NYC (who doesn't)! Happy to see you are on Twitter, it is a lot of fun.

Layerstoo said...

My first visit to NY was in December 08 and I fell in love...the city was magical. Sharon & I are planning a trip in May and I can't wait. Thanks for sharing your trip.