Thursday 7 October 2010

Reader’s Choice…the next rendering video

 

CIMG1590

Please tell me what you would like to see in the next rendering video!

1. sketching simple one point perspectives  OR

2. small rendering snippets, showing techniques like texturing hardwood, creating dimension with shadows, convincing fabrics, etc.

It’s your call. This could be the last one for a while, as my production crew have other work :(

__________________________________________________

But…after some emails from readers…soon I’ll be announcing my first rendering workshop…and you are the first to know ;)

These days of “how fast can you get it done” and “I don’t want to pay for presentation drawings (though, I do want you to magically show me what the space will look like)” present new challenges for the designer, and I have learned some tricks leveraging what you already have, into beautiful presentations, which your clients will have no problem visualizing and approving.

…if this is something of interest to you or your firm, please email me…I’d love to hear from you. Private, Corporate or Educational. And please, let me know what city you are from :) NYC and Toronto both on my radar, as that’s where the majority of the interest has come from. More news soon.

Rendering Portfolio

 

Best, Michelle

9 comments:

pve design said...

I think "perspective" is key and you do that so well.
Love to watch you work on a challenging perspective or textures would be quite fun too.
Love your work.
pve

Brillante Interiors said...

Perspective is always tricky and I would be interested in learning more of it. I like the picture you have chosen (Ha Ha). Keep us posted on your workshops.

annie @ PlumSiena said...

I'd like the small details, please.

Michelle- will your workshops be only "in person" workshops, or available via Skype, etc.?

-annie

Firoozeh Khorrami said...

I'd like both, I could use practice in both areas
Firoozeh

Unknown said...

texturing for me, please!

Anonymous said...

The small snippets please!!!

By the way, my drawing skills have improved by leaps and bounds since doing all your tutorials. (Why didn't I learn those rendering techniques in design school?)

I am a devoted fan of your work and I am very grateful for all you have shared so far. It has been amazing to learn from you online. I would love to hear more about the workshops.

Michelle said...

thanks for the email and comments all...lots to consider, and I appreciate it!

M :)

Marcelina Moreno said...

perspective! please please please. I'm an interior design student at the moment and I'm struggling to teach myself how to do it (my teacher is useless). The truth is anything would be great.

Donna said...

I'm hanging out for both so you can't go wrong with either choice!