Sunday 3 October 2010

Interior Design and a Deep Sleep

bedroom 2 seven inch 

I like to walk in and see the bed when I enter a room. It’s a security thing, I guess…plus I don’t like having my head on the same wall as the door…and I have to be able to see out the window and the door. Pretty picky…but without this vantage point, I can’t sleep. Do you have any design/sleep habits?

Design and rendering by Michelle Morelan

e-design available through Michelle Morelan Design; did you know that every e-design project includes a rendering like this?

 

Best, Michelle

4 comments:

Dale at Hospitality Design Inspirations said...

I agree with you on your two points. We use this rule in designing hotel guestrooms. It's always a big no no to walk into the side of the bed, or have the bed on the wall that you walk into. Sometimes room configurations don't always allow of course. We all have our peculiarities. I for instance, in a hotel setting, I prefer to have aroom with the washroom / door area to my left. I hate a room where it's on my right. Odd I know.

Brillante Interiors said...

I totally agree with you and Dale but unfortunately sometimes we have to deal with an odd space. A recent client had a king size bed (!) in a small room, you walked into the side of the bed and...the other side was against a wall. I had him change the bed to queen, cover one window with a ceiling high headboard and position the bed there. Result? Priceless!

My Notting Hill said...

My quirk is that I like to have the bathroom door as far away as possible and definitely don't want my feet to face directly towards the door to the room (known as the coffin position in feng shu - yikes)

Marcus Design said...

I LOVE walking in and seeing the bed straight on! This rendering is beautiful Michelle.
Nancy