Saturday 14 February 2009

The Well Travelled Room

A snipit of my bedroom makeover...I'll be posting more on the room and the Paris map later, which became my inspiration for our "well travelled" room.

Can I admit something to you detail oriented bloggers? I took a long time making things just right to shoot some pics, but forgot how much wrinkled bedding shows in photos. It's all about light and shadows, making the wrinkles even more prominent in the pictures.

So, today, like many of us would, I will iron the sheets, and retake the photos, so the room looks it's very best to show you all. It feels earthy and worldly, cozy and warm, and I am really enjoying it.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

What an enticing peek. I can hardly wait to see more. You are so creative!!

DesignTies said...

Don't worry about the wrinkles -- they make a bed look cozy.... like somebody actually sleeps in it!! :-) Besides, you would expect a few wrinkles in a well-travelled bedroom, right?? :-)

Love your little snippet shot -- can't wait to see the rest of your room!!

Kelly @ DesignTies

Maria Killam said...

That is a wonderful photo, I can't wait to see the entire wall!

Velvet and Linen said...

Can't wait, Michele.
How exciting.
Happy Valentine's Day.

xo
Brooke

Unknown said...

Ironing sheets?!? You are dedicated ...

MEADE DESIGN GROUP said...

The map must be amazing - I can wait to see the complete room.

Fargerike Dagny said...

The map / wall paper mural (?) looks amazing! Can't wait to see more!

Bitte said...

Hello Michelle !
Nice to hear from you .
What a lovely blog and home you have .
Hope to hear from you again soon.
Have a nice day from Bitte

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE the use of a Paris map! Can't wait to see more!
I think I will leave a little hint for my first photo which will show on your sidebar... and then hopefully it will make YOU want to pop over!
See you soon... ENJOY!
Fifi

Topsy Turvy said...

Love the birdies. And with a Paris map thrown in - what could be better?!

–Lana