Sunday 22 February 2009

Another new local blogger!

Always a pleasure to meet other bloggers; add design freak to that title, and you have the perfect mix as far as I am concerned. Where am I going with this? I showed up to the Cantu party in Vancouver the other night, and who was there, but Victoria from Design Ties. I didn't know that she was going to be there, so when Maria introduced her, I was very surprised! The only bummer was that Patricia stayed home...we looked for her all nite :)

Here they are...Nancy (Urban Asthetics), Victoria (Design Ties) and Maria(Colour Me Happy)!
Check out Victoria'a Blog Design Ties; she shares the blog with another Designer, Kelly.

I saw architect Terry Harrison- he was my Tech. Rep. Instructor at Kwantlen; actually there are always lots of alumni at events like these. His mantra "what do they need to know to build it" comes to me every time I do technichal dwgs. I look like I have had a few here...time to consider a new hairdo! It was really hot in there though.

Check out Maria's post -Happiness is a Career that you Love. She got a pic of the 4 of us. I seem to want to show you my wine glass in both posts...lol. I so dislike the photos of me at these things.

7 comments:

Maria Killam said...

I'm an avid reader of your blog and you've been TAGGED!!!

Please wirte 6 interesting things about yourself, tag 6 more people, and then let them know they have been tagged.

Let's keep this circle going.

Get to writing!

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle
I am now really feeling bad about missin the event at Cantu. I don't know if I told you before, but Terry was also one of my instructors.

Michelle said...

Are you kidding? That is so funny. He was one of my favs.

Maria...can't wait to hear 6 more things about you.

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Wanted to come by and thank you for visiting my blog. Brooke does have great CA. style...now don't be a stranger!

DesignTies said...

Michelle - it was fantastic meeting you at the Cantu party. I only wish I took better photographs! :-) Looks like Maria has tagged me, too... I'll be back to read the 6 interesting things you're going to share about yourself... be sure to drop by my place and see mine.
Cheers!
Victoria

Lauren said...

Oh just so exciting!!! I love that you all get together so often!!

MEADE DESIGN GROUP said...

Fun Party! You look great! I got the invite for the party but I thought the party was here in Victoria - Silly of me (lol)