Friday 24 May 2013

My Studio Deck

 It's where we spend the most time that means the most to us, and this is the case with my studio deck. It's covered, comfortable and cool on hot days. With the nice weather we have had recently, I have already started using it quite a bit. The cushions are a Sumbrella Fabric and the furniture is from HomeSense. The little white tables from Ikea...the tray comes off the top...great idea! I got the banded rug from Overstock, the outdoor pouf from Target, and the patio lights from Pottery Barn. 

The deck is a nice size, and the bedroom and LR that stack on top are exacly the same dimensions. It's a space I switch around often, in floor plan and materials. I can change out to more muted tones by changing the pillow covers and the rug, the green working with both. My bedroom deck above is used for lounging, furnished with a double lounge, and the LR deck's function is a table and comfortable dining chairs.

I'd like to screen the studio deck in one day, but the bugs aren't too bad, and many glasses of wine have been had till the wee hours under the patio lanterns without issue.

What little part of your home have you claimed as your personal space?











 

3 comments:

Barbara Matson said...

Stunning! And what a view. So sad I will miss it next weekend.

pve design said...

love it.
pve

Alphonse said...

This is cool!