Wednesday 26 August 2009

Tablescape Thursday- Blackened Salmon and Chicken

CIMG9184

CIMG9171

One of my favourite recipes is Blacked Salmon (for me and chicken for Jes). I stack it on top of garlic mashed potatoes, fry tortilla strips, dress it with a homemade mango salsa, southwest aoli, sour cream, guacamole and cilantro. It’s allot of work, so I don’t make it very often! Today, I’ve set up at the breakfast bar, since it’s just me and my oldest son for dinner…and because I have the DR set up as a painting studio!!

I purchased these green plates from IKEA a couple of weeks ago, and the art is by me…it’s mixed media- 20 by 30 inches, and is called “Sputnik”. Lemon water and sparkling water go well with the spicy dish. I collect milk glass, and this piece is from a thrift store in Orlando; the water jug and place mats from Pier1. Tea towels from a dollar store and a small salt spoon from a thrift store here in Steveston round things out. It’s simple, but it’s also dinner!

CIMG9252

CIMG9195

CIMG9171

    CIMG9180CIMG9201  

CIMG9187 CIMG9218

CIMG9206

The glasses and charger plates are Martha Stewart, white plates from IKEA. There is an overlook to my DR behind the canvas. My split level 1977 house has a funky layout.

CIMG9173

CIMG9231

CIMG9239

   Finish the meal of with fried tortillas and cinnamon sugar. Yumm

So, go on over to visit Susan at Between Naps on the Porch to look at some other great tablescapes!!

8 comments:

DesignTies said...

Mmmmmm!!!! That's a VERY yummy looking dinner!! And a pretty tablescape :-) Love that you used one of your paintings as a backdrop :-)

Kelly

Unknown said...

Beautiful table and very delicious looking meal! I especially like the milk glass vase and flowers. So simply beautiful.

nannykim said...

NICE NICE!! Love the atmosphere the painting gives--soooo nice. ANd the dinner looks fantastic--I love the combo of the salmon and garlic potatoes. I love the look of the pellegrino water bottle with it all. I wanted to see a picture of the split level part--one of our dinning rooms is the same way. I have it partly pictured on my spindle cottage blog as a top post.(not on the post for the tablescape)
Wandering if your split level is anything like mine--ha!

(I posted my tablescape on my spindle cottage blog--but I do have other blogs...that blog is going to be mostly for house type pics)

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Gorgeous tablescape, and I have to tell you that I read down a bit after this post. You have a really interesting blog..I will be back to read more.

Michelle said...

How nice Susan!...welcome...I'm off to visit your blog!

Best,
Michelle

Denise Marie said...

terrific post! very artsy photos.

Sue said...

Love your artwork propped up behind the table setting...I too collect milkglass infact I have that same piece...Do you have a large collection?? I have a punch bowl from the 1950's I picked up this year and I'm trying to identify the maker....

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Love the colour of your green plates and how they go with your painting. The way your pics capture everything, even the bottles of your water look elegant on the table.

DD